Gratitude Square is a Midland County project designed to honor our local deceased veterans. The memorial features a wall with engraved names of veterans that were honorably discharged. Flags are flown proudly, above an angel statue in honor of the Gold Star Families. The memorial is open to the public to visit at any time.
Requirements for your loved ones deceased Veteran's name to be added to the wall:
- Local to Midland County
- Copy DD 214 Form showing honorable discharge status
To make a request, email VARequest@mcounty.com with the following information:
- Your Name
- Your Phone Number
- Your Email address
- The Deceased Veteran's Name
- Copy of DD214
Gratitude Square is available for event usage with notice and at no cost. If you’re interested in using this space or if you have questions you may contact the Public Information officer at 432-425-7121 or email.
Gratitude square funding
Gratitude Square is a special piece of Midland County that we are proud of. In total, $390,842.90 was spent making this project come to fruition. Thankfully, we have incredible community sponsors that donated their time, labor and money. In addition to the donors that are listed at the memorial site the following contributions were made:
- MW Builders donated labor to do the concrete, including the walls
- Premier Fence donated the labor to install the fence
- Permian Paving donated the labor to pave and stripe the parking lot
- Lawn & Tree Tech donated the labor to install the pavers
- D&E Electric donated the labor to do the electrical
A special thank you to the Patriot Guard for donating the angel statue that sits at the center of the Gratitude Square Veteran’s Memorial.