SUMMARY OF THE MATERIALS RECONSIDERATION PROCEDURE
THE LIBRARY DIRECTOR WILL:
• Read or view the material in question.
• Examine the reviews and the written opinions.
• Prepare a written response to the patron within ten business days.
• If the patron is still dissatisfied, the citizen's request in writing will be presented to the Library Advisory Board where the material in question will be reviewed in light of the selection policy.
• Present the request to the Library Advisory Board. The majority of the Library Advisory Board will read or view the material in question and make a recommendation.
If there is still a need to consider the matter further it will be brought to the attention of Commissioners Court with the Advisory Board’s recommendation and the Librarian’s recommendation.
Print and fill out the Request for Reconsideration of Library Materials form and submit to the Library Director.